Friday, August 24, 2012

Shortbread Cookies

Cookies are my favorite companion with tea/coffee. Shortbread cookies are my most favorite snack. Not only for me but everyone in my family loves shortbread cookies. Though I've made shortbread cookies many times but this one is special as I made it as a cookie pop with Disney cars edible icing for my son's birthday party!! Obviously I followed one of the recipe from Internet but gave a little bit of variation though.

Serves: Makes approx. 30

Ingredients:

250g butter, softened
2/3 cup pure icing sugar
2 cups plain flour
1 cup rice flour

For Decorating
Royal icing - I used the ready-made mix
Edible Icing Image - to decorate

Things Required
Pop sticks

Method:

Mix all dry ingredients, add softened butter and process together in a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.

Press mixture together until it forms a dough. Divide dough in two.

Roll out dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick.

Using cookie cutter, cut dough into desired shapes. Insert the pop sticks in to the cookie carefully. Transfer to prepared trays. Bake at 160 degrees for 30 minutes or until slightly golden brown . Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Now prepare the royal icing & pipe it onto the cookie carefully. Leave it to settle down for 1 min & stick the edible image on top the icing.
Leave it to dry for 1 night. Next day pack it in gift bags as a present or store it in airtight container & it stays for about a month.

Hints:

Use small kebab screwers instead of pop-sticks.
Use food colour gels when u make royal icing for colorful appearance.
Use edible gum instead of royal icing.

I hope you enjoyed the recipe.

PS - I'm taking bulk orders for cookie pops. There is a minimum requirement of 30 cookie pops. Send me your enquiries to ramya.kitchen@gmail.com




No comments: