1. Coconut milk - 1 cup
2. Basmati rice - 1 cup
3. Ginger-Garlic paste - 2 tsp
4. Salt - to taste
5. Green Chilli - 3 (or according to taste)
6. Cashewnuts - 1 tbsp
7. Coconut oil - (preferable) - 2 tsp
8. Curry leaves - few
9. Onion - 1 (thinly sliced lengthwise)
10. Water - 1/2 cup
1. Wash and soak basmati rice for 15 mins atleast.
2. While the rice is soaking, pour oil in pressure cooker or pan - season cashewnuts until light brown;
3. Add green chillies, curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste, sauté for 2 mins in low flame/heat.
4. Now add onion and salt, sauté until onion is translucent.
5. Strain the water well and add the basmati rice to onion mixture; combine until all mixed taking care not to break the rice.
6. Now add coconut milk, water; give a nice stir, check for salt and pressure cook for 1 long whistle or 2 short whistles; if cooking in pan, put a lid and let it cook for 15 to 20 mins.
7. Your yummy coconut milk pulav is ready to relish.
Tips - add garam masala if you like masala flavor; or even add biriyani masala, to get biriyani flavor.