Noodles, one of my favourite foods; though it is originated from China it is a favourite food for most of the people around the world. There are many types of noodle available in the market rice noodles, thin noodles, flat noodles, thick noodles, hokkien noodles etc., Out of these different types of noodle we can ofcourse make many variety of noodles like noodles with vegetables, egg or non-vegetarian ingredient, noodle soup etc., We often buy the ready-to-eat noodle cups or the instant noodles available in the market not really cared of spending a extra bit of time to cook the noodle and decorate it with the vegetables or other ingredients.
One fine day after seeing my blogger friend posted a schezwan noodle recipe in her blog. Then what, I prepared a list of the ingredients required and my hubby was able to buy all of them. I just followed her recipe for Schezwan sauce but added more ingredients collected from the other sources in internet. Now the schezwan noodles been added to the list of our family favourite recipes.
Let's get on to the recipe:
1 pkt thin noodles
3 tbsp – spring onion
1 ½ cups of julienned vegetables (beans, carrot, capsicum, cabbage)
½ tsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Schezwan sauce
Salt as required
2 tbsp – sesame oil
1 tbsp – finely chopped spring onion for garnishing
1 cup whole red chillies (soaked in warm water for ½ to 1 hour)
1 tbsp – roughly chopped ginger
1 tbsp – roughly chopped garlic
1 tsp red chilli sauce
½ tsp red chilli powder
2 green chillies
1 tsp soy sauce
3 tsp vinegar
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp sesame oil
To prepare schezwan sauce:
- Grind the red chillies with green chillies, ginger, & garlic to a fine paste.
- Now heat the oil in a pan, when its hot add the chilli paste, sauté for 2 mins then add red chilli sauce, chilli powder, salt, soy sauce, and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Now add vinegar and sugar cook for 2 more minutes and get off from the stove.
- Cool and refrigerate the sauce. It can be stored in for weeks.
- Cook noodles as per the pack instruction.
- I cooked the noodles for 2 minutes in boiling water with a teaspoon of oil, and drained and washed the noodles in cold water.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on a high flame, add vegetables and stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add schezwan sauce, soy sauce, salt and noodles, mix well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.