Sunday, December 02, 2018

Chettinad Stuffed Mirch

Back again today posting my favourite recipe after a very long break. Life has taken me to many places, so much learning experiences, and more happiness 😃 I m so glad to be back again blogging my favourite food recipes.
At Melbourne, we used to go to this restaurant called Spirit of India. There was the first time I tried an entreé called Shimla Mirch Tandoor (aka stuffed capsicum). I can hear that - What special is there in this, just a stuffed capsicum?! Well I don’t know whether it’s the stuffing or the smoky chillies or the combination of both filled my heart so much and I fell in love with it. From that day, everytime I go to that restaurant I will make sure that I order my love of entreé.
For a very long time I wanted to recreate that at my home. Days passed, months passed, years rolled over until today I decided to recreate the Shimla Mirch Tandoor in South Indian style. I used Chettinad masala powder to give the South Indian touch. I made OPOS* Paneer at home. The end result was awesome. I would however recommend if possible to use BBQ Stove or Tandoor oven to get a rich smoky flavour of the chilli blended with stuffing.
Let’s look at the recipe below.
Ingredients 
1 sweet chilli/capsicum -
1 potato boiled & mashed
1/4 cup paneer
1 tablespoon Chettinad masala
1 teaspoon Salt
Method
Step 1: In a bowl add boiled potatoes, crumbled paneer, Chettinad masala, salt and mix well to make the stuffing ready.
Step 2: Slit chillies in the middle, without removing the stem. Remove the seeds. Push the stuffing carefully inside the chillies.
Step 3: In a fry pan, add 2 tbsp oil. When it’s warm keep the stuffed chillies and fry on all sides till it turns golden brown.
Step 4: When done, remove chillies from the pan, drain in a kitchen paper towel (aka tissue). Plate it up and serve with coriander garnish & mint chutney on the sides.

Note:
OPOS is pressure baking. It was found by Mr. Ramakrishnan a humble person who has been teaching this pressure baking art selflessly to the people. I feel blessed to have known him and be a part of the OPOS Group.
That’s enough from me now. This is Ramya signing off from Ramya’s kitchen. Please do try this at your home and comment your reviews/ideas.


No comments: